Social media has its protocol just like anything else to participate, interact and engage. I recently read a good post by Heidi Cohen, Social Media’s 10 Commandments that I thought said it pretty well. Here are some highlights:
- Be real – Be yourself. You want to make your audience feel comfortable.
- Know your audience – If you know who they are, you can better understand and know what focus to on.
- It’s not about you – Talk to the bigger picture of what’s in it for the community you’re addressing.
- Participate – If you don’t, how can you expect to engage people and build relationships?
- Share your knowledge – Support the greater good of the community.