For those of us who are doing blogs, we sometimes get so focused on the social media side of things that we forget to use traditional methods of promotion to promote it.
I recently read a post by Heidi Cohen, 34 Ways to Raise Blog Readership Without Using Social Media. Although all her suggestions aren’t relevant to the manufacturing segment that’s trying to reach the professional tradesman, I’ve highlighted some of the points that hit home to me.
- SEO – using keywords maximizes your reach.
- Promote on your website – we even have the three most current posts on our home page to draw attention to the blog.
- Do an email – to the appropriate audience with link.
- Packaging – promote on outside of box.
- Press release – not for every post, but certainly for important ones that have to do with industry research.
- Include your blog on your business card and on your email signature.
If you’re doing a blog, what ways are you promoting it other than by social?