I must confess that when it comes to promoting our Facebook page, we don’t do a good job. I guess in my case for the targeted audience we’re going after, I don’t know if this is the most effective place to do it. LinkedIn, Twitter and even Google+ probably are better venues for us.
But for those of you who are focusing on building your fan page, I came across a great article by Justin Wise in a recent post on Social Media Examiner that highlighted 20 ways to spread the word on your Facebook fan page by educating your readers. Here are the ones that stood out to me:
- Put the fan page URL in your email signature - imagine that with the number of emails you send on a daily basis what kind of potential reach you would have.
- Ask others in your company to do the same - put it in their email signature.
- Ask your Twitter followers to join your fan page.
- Put a widget on you website and blog - don’t assume that people know you have a fan page.
- Ask fans to post a link - if they are truly fans, they will post a link on their personal profile.
- Put a tag on your YouTube videos - great idea and a way to get people more engaged.
What are you doing to promote your fan page?
If you liked this post you might like: