If you’re a manufacturer and don’t have anything on YouTube, you’re missing a great opportunity. What better way to show a customer or prospect how to use your product, highlight features and benefits or even have a customer testimonial. Next to Google (who by the way owns YouTube), YouTube is the highest searched. The numbers are staggering:
- In May of 2011, there were 15 BILLION videos streamed.
- Internet viewing was up 35% and mobile viewing up 20%
- 35 hours of video are uploaded every minute
- Create compelling content - Address the needs of your customers.
- Make it findable - both in and out of YouTube. Your Title, Description and Tags are important.
- Brand your channel - Create a custom background that goes along with your branding . Use “Player View” as your layout and select autoplay feature.
- Post a bulletin and alert your friends and subscribers - Create a link and put it on your home pages.
- Leverage other social media platforms - Blog about it, Tweet it, post it on Facebook and submit it to StumbleUpon.
What are you doing to leverage your YouTube videos?