If you do a blog and aren’t getting the results you were hoping for, maybe you’re doing something wrong.
A recent article by Cindy King in Social Media Examiner, 21 Dangerous Blogging Mistakes (and How to Fix Them) outlines some items from industry leaders on what they see as the biggest mistakes. It’s a good read and we’re all guilty of some of these. Here are my top 5 favorites:
- Not understanding your audience – What value do you bring to the table? You need to understand the problems of your audience.
- Not having a strong niche - Smaller is better. Develop a niche following that is equally focused, passionate and valuable.
- Not committing to the process - Blogging is a commitment; that means plan on writing 2-3 posts every week using keyword rich posts with persuasive, compelling titles.
- Failing to engage the readers with a compelling headline - You need to get people to open up your post. If it’s not clever or to the point, you could be giving away a million dollars and no one would know.
- Not sharing your expertise - The fastest way to build community is by sharing info. Refer and link to other experts in your industry. Have guest bloggers and be a guest blogger on other sites.