Used in the right way, Twitter can be one of the best social media tools to be used to generate traffic and leads for your new business.
For the past 18 months, Twitter has been the leading traffic generator to my Tradesmen Insights blog. It definitely needs to be part of your overall social media marketing strategy.
For Twitter to be effective for new business, the following are seven of my personal tips:
- Don’t be afraid to use Twitter differently from the way it was originally intended to be used. Twitter is more of a broadcast tool that most would admit and current research validates. Treat it as a broadcast tool through reach and frequency of your content marketing efforts and generating the best return on your time investment by repurposing your content through tools such as Social Oomph.
- Build a targeted Twitter following. Research Twitter lists such as Mashable’s Twitter List Directory, third-party programs such as TweetAdder.
- In addition your own blog’s content, be sure to supplement your Twitter posts with resources from others that are of help to your target audience.
- Pay-it-forward. As others are so kind to publicize your content, also help to promote theirs.
- In addition to Twitter being a broadcasting tool, it must be utilized as a networking tool for you to have success. Content helps build awareness but it is up to you to turn awareness into relationships. The efficiency of these kinds of online networks should be all that is needed to motivate you to participate. People want to work with other people that they know, like and trust.
- Use third-party Twitter tools like CoTweet and HootSuite to minimize your time and maximize the effectiveness of your Twittering.
- What you learn to do for your agency can be used for your clients. There are a multiplicity of benefits from your involvement.